To reveal art and conceal the artist is arts aim
- I find a strange pleasure in saying things to him that I know I shall be sorry for having said.
- Thinking is the most unhealthy thing in the world, and people die of it just as they die of any other disease. Fortunately, in England at any rate, thought is not catching. Our splendid physique as a people is entirely due to our national stupidity.
- Indifference is the revenge the world takes on mediocrities.
- He talks the whole time. But he has got no conversation. What he talks about I don’t know.. I haven’t listened to him for years.
- They swallow their classics whole, and never taste them.